Saturday, February 03, 2007

Secret Pal 10

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am trying out new yarns. I just got some merino wool and a wool and mohair sock yarn. I am staying away from acrylic yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Currently I do not have a case for my knitting needles. They are scattered all over the place. My crochet needles are stored in a small case you can get at walmart.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I am self taught and have been knitting for about 5 months. I would say I am intermediate. My first project was a drink cozy with cables!!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
YES!
My Amazon Wish List

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like flowers (lavender, rose, jasmine) and cinnamon

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love sweets. I really like dark chocolate. I tend to stay away from nuts, except peanuts, and coconut meat.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet some. I also draw(not as much as I would like to), cook/bake, and I like photography. I have not learnt how to spin yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all music. I mostly listen to alternative, rock, industrial, oldies, some country stuff.... I have a sansa rhapsody as well as my laptop.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like all colors but I green would have to be my favorite. I like vibrant colors. I have also been into pinks and earth tones a lot more lately.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have two cats and two dogs (one dog is still back in South Carolina) I live with my boyfriend. My sister, brother, and father are scattered through out the country.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I have never worn a poncho. I wear scarves, hats, and mittens when it is cold outside. Although it isn't that often here in Florida it does happen. I tend to wear them more when I have to work outside in the mornings.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I am starting to knit socks more often.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have socks, a sweater (like one row), kitchen towel, and a scarf on my needles.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
All depends what I am working on. I have been using circulars a lot more. I haven't knitted on plastic, only bamboo, which I like, and aluminum, which is great for socks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No I don't.....yet. One day I might.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is a crocheted blanket that is 4.5 years old!!!

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, rocks, and a small collection of bird figurines

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would like to try the knit lite needles, any unique yarns out there. I have only worked with wool, acrylic, and some cotton. I have some books listed on my amazon wish list. Anything with good patterns. The weekend knitting book looked cool. I do not have any magazine subscriptions. When I see one in the store and it has some cool stuff in it I normally pick it up.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like learn how to do lace and more advanced decortive stitches.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have just started knitting socks. Umm not sure what measurements you want BUT my foot from heel to toe is almost 9 inches long.

23. When is your birthday?
November 13


Umm well I think that is everything....

2 comments:

Steph said...

Ooooh, you're doing secret pal. How fun!! I've never had the nerve to sign up because I know I'm bad at going to the post office.

Sandy said...

I am the same way BUT I am gonna give it a try. It will be fun you should do it tooo.