Sunday, March 18, 2007

eek

The little kitten, Mage, wasn't feeling to good the other day. We noticed that she has been trying to pee a lot. Key word there is trying. So I watched her over the night and monitored how she was doing and I decided that today that she needs to see a doctor. 200 bucks later she does have a uti and is on some drugs. They were worried that the food might be the cause of the uti since there is that HUGE pet food recall. Luckily our pets are on food that is not on that list. The vet still felt the need to put Mage on a special cat food. Twenty bucks for five pounds!!! eek I can not handle that. I am gonna call around tomorrow and see if there is anything else we can do....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor kitty... I have had a cat with UTI's before and it is no fun. After getting him off the prescription food I started feeding him Science Diet and no problems since then (going on 8 years). Don't be afraid of the expensive food - they actually need to eat less of it because there's less filler. I don't feed wet food but I am hearing that some dry foods may be affected by the recall so I am waiting on pins and needles.

SP

Steph said...

When Maddie had a UTI our emergency vet suggested Purina One urinary tract formula. It's not too pricy.

Apparently the problem with the food is a wheat gluten that is also used in some dry foods... Purina is ok and meow mix, 9 lives, etc are ok, they are made by different companies.

Sandy said...

well she was on purina multi cat.....but I bought the purina one urinary tract yesterday and mixed it in with the other stuff. Oh and best thing is she is in heat now tooo! ACK At least charlie cat is happy LOL Josh said he saw them spooning one day