Saturday, March 04, 2006

Not a fan of snowflakes





So I have decided to burn all my candles so when I do move I won't have to throw then away. That just seems like a huge waste to me...I mean I spent all that money just to throw them away. I got two candles from the bookstore around christmas time and I have still been burning them. I thought they were cute so I got two.




Now isn't that a pretty candle. It has blue and white snowflakes and has a very light smell of pepermint.



Ok so I have only been burning one....







So I'm sitting here in my front room working on some potholders with some christmas yarn I found (yeah a xmas candles and yarn!!). So I look up to see the movie I am watching, panic room on cbs, and I see this lovely image.

Yeah that is that cute little candle about to burn my house down! I am thinking that maybe one of those nice little snowflakes caught on fire. I have to say I was a little shocked. The fire was rolling from side to side in that glass container






This is the burnt candle afterward. Needless to say, I am not going to burn that other candle. Let it be a waste!


Ok so I guess I am back to my potholders. One is almost done!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

you don't have to throw candles away. i mailed mine to myself, ha.