Saturday, May 05, 2007

Happy Cinco De Mayo

Since I am on the Ranch a lot I tend to have a bunch of stories and pictures. If you are lucky I might randomly call you from the ranch (when there is service). Like the time I almost ran over a baby cow, or I almost ran over a baby deer, or when someone who wasn't me almost ran over a baby gator. Lots of things tend to jump in front of or out of the way of the trucks. Another common occurance, well common as of last week, is getting stuck in the sand. Since there is a lot of dirt roads there tends to be a lot of sandy areas. Well here are a few pics







Here are a few gators along "aligator alley" at the Ranch. Normally, they are out sunning on the rocks. I am assuming that it was too hot for them that day. This last week has been extremly hot.












This little fella was running along our trucks as we were driving on the Ranch. Baby Cow crossed the road right after I took the picture. Luckily, it didn't cross while we were driving.












At the Headquarters on the Ranch we saw two deer. One is peeking out from behind the tree.











I have at least two more days at the Ranch next week. Then I get to go back to Daytona. Woot beaches I wont have time to see!

This last week was Josh's birthday. I was not able to be home for it since I spent all week working my butt off at the Ranch. To make up for that I got him an AWESOME birthday present. It is a 19 inch flat panel monitor to replace his 16 inch CRT monitor. It is so bright and pretty. I might try to steal it. I am glad I could find something seeing I had an hour to drive to the store by it and drive back all on friday after driving back from the Ranch. I even had some time to stop by Publix and get a cake and a card.

My To Do List Before Monday:

  • Do laundry / pack
  • Work on paperwork
  • Do timesheet and expenses
  • Prep for next week
  • Go to knitting
  • Work on baby blanket

I am sure there are more things I need to get done but I can't remember what they are. But for now it is going to bed.

No comments: