Sunday, June 03, 2007

7 random things

Kelly tagged me with the 7 random things post.....the hard part will only be picking out 7 items seeing I am quite random. Here it goes:

1. When my mother was prego with me she also had a tumor in the womb. It grew at the same rate as me and I have since referred to it as my "twin" All of the doctors that my mom went to told her to abort me. However, as you can see now, she would not. She did find a doctor and he made her sign pages after pages saying that when the time came down to it if the tumor came first then the doctors would save me and not my mom. Luckily that was not the case. But it took a lot out of her and she was unable to really do anything but lay in bed the first few months I was born. My sister and dad had to take care of me mainly.

2. I was born without a hip socket. My family had to do exercises with my leg to create one. When the weather changes my hip will hurt.

3. I technically have 3 sibling. Two brothers and one sister. The oldest, Micheal Ray, is dead. He died many many years before I was even thought about. He died when his head hit the glove box in a car accident. My brother Kevin is living in HI he is almost 40 and has a whole bussell of kids. My sister, Johanna, is 33 and living in TN with three kids. I grew up with having her husband, Don, around a lot more than my brother. He normally gets thrown into my brother category.

4. I have never had a hangover. I have woken up drunk the next day and I have thrown up both the same night as well as the next. After I throw up I am perfectly fine. (ie my wendys story)

5. I was hired for my first "big girl" job (meaning I don't work hourly and there is plenty of room for growth) weeks before I graduated from college and it is even what I went to school for! Also it was also my first real job interview.

6. I am naturally a shy and very quiet person. As a kid my mom would take me to the store and forget I was there because I was so quiet. I have also gotten lost on a beach when I was 7. I wandered very far down the beach passing a few life guard stations until there was a crowd of people around one listen to a life guard talk (he was cute btw) so I stopped and he saw me came down and tried to talk to me. Since I was shy I would not say a word. I just stood there. After a while my parents found me (they thought I was with my sister but my sister wanted to go swimming with her friends so she sent me to the RV so I wouldn't get lost.....) Well I never talked to that lifeguard. The last few years I have worked very hard to try to get out of that mold. At times when I am with all new people I will go back to that quiet state.

7. I am deathly afraid of heights and roller coaster and bugs freak the crap out of me. I have been on two roller coasters and I hated both of them. I am not afraid of flying it is when you get up on a cliff and look down and the wind starts blowing. I just don't like that. I was slowing trying to get out of that funk. For the bugs....the more legs they have the worse it is. I can deal will some bugs like fire flys, lady bugs, box elder bugs, and love bugs to name a few....but most other freak me out...some spiders too.


Other random facts....
  • I scream like a girl...like the high ahhhh!
  • I hate strawberries, real cherries, and coconut, but I love strawberry and coconut flavoring and the cherries soaked in sugar and dye.
  • growing up every four years we moved
  • I hate ironing
  • I don't make my bed unless I know people are coming over
  • I do not have a green thumb. I am shocked that the 4 plants I have in the house are alive
  • I am bad about going to the post office to mail stuff....I normally send someone else to do it
  • I have only quit one job because I did not like it
  • I try to be easy to get along with but once you piss me off I will put up with you but not be social
  • If you are family or friend and I get upset just wait 5 mins and let me be pissed off...leave the room and I will be more reasonable and a lot happier
  • One of the few words of wisdom a stranger told me is no one really cares if you are happy or not so when someone asks you how you are you just say great
  • The other words of wisdom a stranger told me is no one likes to hang around sad and moppy people. If you want to have a lot of friends then you have to at least act happy.

Ok I think that is it for now. I have a lot of other random facts about me but I havent gone grocery shopping in a week and it needs to be done!

I am tagging Latice and Stephanie

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh lord, now I've been double-tagged. Guess I'd better do it huh.