Sunday, June 24, 2007

all about afghans...

I am known for starting projects and then getting bored with them after a while. They why do I like starting big projects like blankets. Let me just say I started these before I really knew about other yarns outside of Walmart and Michael's.

I know I have mentioned the blanket my mom made for me when I was younger. She made one for my brother and my sister as well. I couldn't decide on what colors I wanted so she made it rainbow and VERY bright. It is made out of Red Heart.
Crochet blanket

This is the first project I started on after I re picked up crocheting. This was also the first pattern I EVER tried. It took me a long time and a lot of help from Stephanie to get the pattern from curling on itself (I think I kept decreasing stitches somehow) My mom liked how this was turning out so well she took it over from me. I have yet to start working on this blanket since.
Crochet blanket

This is the Kittens in a Row. I started this blanket when my mom took the above blanket from me to work on it. I got the pattern from one of my books, however it is found online as well. It is made from simply soft.
Crochet blanket

Here is the fisherman's throw I started. It is out of Caron's one pound in soft sage. I saw this color in the store and was all ooo that is pretty *yank* Now I can not even stand to look at this color. I need to make a lot more squares to make it a decent size. These are the few squares that I have put together.
Crochet blanket

I saw this pattern in one of my books and I really liked it. It is made out of red heart. The colors make it look like fourth of july and not christmas.
Crochet blanket

To reassure you I have finished some projects but these are my big ones that have been hanging out for a while.

2 comments:

RobynR said...

I LOVE the rainbow one. It's just the prettiest thing. I have one that seems to be in the same colorway but made of granny squares.

Steph said...

Red Heart or not, you do have a great eye for color. I made a blanket out of that green color too and also can't bear to look at it!!