Monday, June 11, 2007

recapping

This past Saturday was the WWKIP Day (please see Kelly's WWKIP Day Update). It was great we had a great turn out..about 15 people. We met a bunch of new people and had a few of them join us for out weekly sunday knitting group. Kelly finished her monkey socks on sunday.....I started mine over a month ago and she started hers this last week. It doesn't seem fair that I am still working on mine. It is ok I guess I can't really knit while I drive to my work sites...oh how nice that would be.

This last week I got my SP10 package! OMG it was great. The chocolate is gone. I took it with me to the WWKIP Day and forgot about it. I thought it would be a nice little treat to share figuring we would only have a few people there. Well I got all caught up in everything and forgot I threw it in my bag. The next day at knitting I was getting something out of my bag and came across it, slightly melted. We let it re solidify before we tore into it.....mmm so good. We also fondled the lovely yarn. It is wool in shades of greens...eeee...Now I just have to figure out what I want to make with it!!! There were also 2 candles, a berry one and a cookie one and also 3 things of perfume. One of Josh's friends was over when I got the package and I made him and Josh smell everything as I had it sprawled out all over the floor. It was an awesome day!

At work this week I got the wonderful assignment of overseeing septic tank removal. I was expecting it to be pretty nasty. I was happily surprised when it wasn't that bad. The worst part was when the septic truck was there emptying the tanks. I learnt a few things about septic tanks...for example, the septic tank is full when they install it and if you use 30 gallons of water it enters the tank and 30 gallons will leave the tank. EWWW I had a septic tank and I never knew that!

On sunday when I was at the local Walmart picking up random items (like cheap flip flops) I paid and was walking out and noticed a guy sitting in a wheelchair with blood on his head. I walked by processing this and stopped at the greeter and asked if this guy was ok. The greeter responded with I guess so he wanted to sit down...uhh ok. So I walk over to the guy and ask if he is ok and he said he was really tired and need to sit down. I then asked him if he knew he had blood on his head. He was shocked and was all oh no! I asked if he wanted me to help clean it up and he agreed (good thing I am first aid trained!!!) So I went in search of the Walmart first aid kit. I head to the most reasonable place it would be located at, the customer service desk. There was of coarse a line and the lady had a phone glued to her ear. I go straight to the front and ask for their first aid kit. Her response was I don't have one here I think it is up front. So I go over there and ask one of the cashiers. Her response is it is over in sporting goods. I give her this look and said No your first aid kit. There is a guy over there with blood on his head... So she trots off to ask another person. The PIC goes over to the customer service desk and brings out a small first aid kit and opens it with me and says this is all we have. There was a few Q tips and a handful of iodine packets. I look at her and said is that it. I know I had a tone in my voice too. She just stared blankly at me and I said Well I think you should get a decent first aid kit with stuff in it like gloves and maybe band aids. So I go back to the gentlemen and said I will brb I am going to get the first aid kit out of my car. I run out there and get it come back and start cleaning him up and talking. Asking if he has any past medical history. Well he has cancer and is on blood thinners. He had chemo the next day as well. So I was asking if he needed to get a hold of anyone, or his doctor. He said he was ok. Just needed to rest. So I did as much as I could offered him a water and he said no. And I left to get ready for knitting group.
(Sorry If I told you this story already...I know it is long)
The point of the story is maybe it is just my Walmart, since it is really ghetto, maybe not BUT they should have a more decent first aid kit. Makes me wonder if the other safety precautions are kept up.

Ok enough ranting....Time for dinner and bed (and maybe a bit more on the monkey socks!)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sandy....I didn't know you were a Paramedic on top of being a Geologist! I wanna be just like you when I grow up (minus the spetic tank and blood! Eww!). Lol! Don't worry, you will get the monkeys done.....one of these days! Haha!